Saturday, December 5, 2015

Soap and Other Extras

I have a large stash of soap.  Not Dove, Irish Spring, or Dial varieties, but handmade, wonderfully fragrant, luxury soaps.  I promise that I use soap, but it lasts me a long time.  What to do?  I don't want to be wasteful...I've always been careful to use up what I have before getting more, but in this case, I am going to have to be wasteful or my great grandchildren will inherit soaps from the early 2000's.  I had about 1/8 a bottle of body wash and tossed it today to break open the lemon grass bar of handmade soap I've been saving for 2 years.  It's a bit freeing, actually, to use something I've been putting off.

Think about the extras you are saving of any consumable product.  Will you ever get through using them all?  Consider ditching a current one for a new one more frequently so you get enjoyment and lessen your hoard of soaps, lotions, notepads, whatever.  We don't need to be confined by our mental rules when we have an abundance that is taking up space.

No comments:

Post a Comment