Thursday, December 3, 2015

Bird Feeders

One would think beggars shouldn't be choosy.  I find birds to be quite finicky in our backyard.  There's this quality wooden bird feeder my sister gave to me.  The first year, birds ate from it.  However, even when I clean it out each year, there's no apparent activity and so I must dump and waste the seeds in the spring.  Perhaps I need a better quality seed for my champagne-loving feathered friends.  Any suggestions?

The question facing me is: why keep the feeder if it takes time to maintain and no birds even want to eat there?  It makes me feel like I own a run-down diner.  I may give the birds one more crack at it this winter.  Then again, maybe not.

Consider any object that you must maintain but doesn't deliver on the chopping block.  Think hard about your time versus its value.  

No comments:

Post a Comment