Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Gift Giving

As you plan to buy gifts  for loved ones, consider the fact that one of them might be a minimalist, or a person at least trying to declutter.  As a budding minimalist, I like gifts as well as anyone, yet get even more thrilled when my gift is something I can't hold in my hand.  Here are examples:
  • an experience gift with a friend...going to a concert, play, museum, volunteering together
  • a gift of service...helping rake my leaves, making a meal, helping paint or redecorate, babysitting
  • giving a monetary gift to a charity in my name
  • give money to pass onto someone in need (My mom did that for me last year.  It was a real joy for me!)
Don't get trapped into "I have to buy something for everyone."  Certain ones may enjoy no package, just the promise of time together or help.

No comments:

Post a Comment